Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Learning Journal 16

I think volunteering at the clinic will be a valuable resource throughout my project. When I come to new developments in my research findings I can discuss them with staff at the clinic and get their perspective on an ongoing basis. I think they will give me valuable insight on the local implementation of treatments that will be useful throughout. My facilitator also mentioned a contact that students have interviewed in the past named Dr. Agyei in Agona. In my proposal I planned on interviewing him somewhere in the middle of my field study, but I think it would be valuable to interview him as I am developing my questionnaire. He will also have valuable insights on the current research agenda for the area. If I interview him early enough in the project I can incorporate things that I learn from him before I got going too far in one direction. I'm not sure how I will contact him. Maybe some of the employees at the clinic will be able to help me get his contact information.

I am realizing that it will be important when I get there to get in contact with as many locals doing research on malaria as possible so my research can be in line with what is already being done. I have already established that the clinic will be a good resource, but I haven't looked into many other possibilities. Who might I contact to learn more about that?

Keywords: volunteering at the clinic, community contacts

No comments:

Post a Comment