Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Journal Entry 15

Putting together my first draft of my project proposal made me aware of a couple things I had not thought about. First of all, what is it that I want to learn from volunteering and interviewing at the health clinic? Do I want to spend a lot of time learning about their treatment methods? Will I be able to interview patients who are diagnosed with malaria or will I be able to interview staff and health care providers only? How much time each day do I want to spend volunteering at the clinic? Will I only want to volunteer there at the beginning of my study then towards the end spend all of my time interviewing participants in the community? I get the feeling that some of these questions I will only be able to answer when I see the situation first hand, but it's good to think about considerations like this because it leads to other considerations that can be addressed beforehand.

Keywords: project proposal, volunteering at the clinic

No comments:

Post a Comment