Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Journal 30

Well, seeing as this is my last journal entry for this course, I think it's a good time to reflect on what I have learned. The most valuable lesson I learned from this class was the inquiry based learning method. I is so valuable when researching a topic. Taking information found from research and learning to see it from the perspective of 'but what about this?' is such a valuable tool. I found that it gave continuity to my research. Instead of finding information one day, then starting from scratch the next day finding new information in a different direction, you can begin each new day of research by reviewing the questions that you asked the previous day and keep going in the same direction. Asking questions, developing those questions into better questions, then answering the questions so you can move on to new questions is a great research method.

I also found that keeping a learning journal was very valuable for researching a topic. When I had to actually write down what I had been learning about in my research on this blog it made me continually process the information I was finding. Then when I wanted to use the information later, it was available for me to look back on in an organized way.

I don't mean to discount any of the field preparation I gained from this class because I learned a lot in that area as well. I just didn't come into the class expecting that I would learn these two lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment