Friday, April 8, 2011

Journal 29

Answers to previous questions:
I took the past couple of days to work on my proposal so I didn't find the answers to the questions from last time. I really want to keep looking into the topic of clinical pharmacists though since that seems like a great solution to adverse drug effects from polypharmacy.

New Information:
I realized a couple of things while answering questions following my presentation on Friday. In my methods section I need to make it more clear what type of sample I will be taking. I am planning on doing a stratified sample from a number of cities in Utah County, but I didn't put that in my project proposal. For compensation I need to make sure I make it clear that I am going to use two dollar bills since I think that would be much more effective than two one dollar bills. In my data analysis section I need to include that my analysis will include linear regression analysis for the quantitative variables (like the relationship between age and number of medications) as well as bar chart analysis for qualitative variables (like the relationship between gender and polypharmacy status). I could also make it more clear what other hypothesis I might test once I have collected my data. I only have two written in my proposal for simplicity, but I could give specifics on the other hypothesis I might want to develop.


Keywords:
presentation, data analysis, compensation, stratified sample, hypothesis

No comments:

Post a Comment